Monday 29 August 2016

Ulissi and Costa sign for two years with new Chinese WorldTour team

http://ift.tt/2c5GpKC

Former world champion Rui Costa and Lampre-Merida teammate Diego Ulissi are the first riders to sign with the new TJ Sport Consultation project that aims to be the first Chinese-registered WorldTour team.

The group announced last week that it would take over the licence of the Lampre-Merida team.

Costa, who won the world championships in 2013, said being part of the project was special for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“I had received proposals from other teams, however when Saronni described to me his ideas for the future and the project, I had no doubts and I immediately chose to sign a new contract for the next two years,” the 29-year-old said in a statement released by the team. “I really appreciate that Saronni and the group of TJ Sport trust in me. This is a great motivation for me.”

Ulissi, 27, has raced since 2010 with Lampre-Merida, the only professional team he's competed with so far in his career. He won two stages of the Giro d'Italia in May and recently took the overall at the Czech Cycling Tour.


"I'm happy to continue along the professional path I have started in the team several years ago, adding a new enthusiasm which comes from the Chinese project,” he said. “I'm sure the next two years will be full of satisfactions.”

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2bNeZg4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...