Tuesday 30 August 2016

Malori to race in Quebec and Montreal after recovering from San Luis crash

http://ift.tt/2bzgrmM

Adriano Malori has announced he will return to racing with the Movistar team at the Grand Prix Cycliste de Quebec and Montreal in Canada in mid-September, after completing his recovery from a terrible crash at the Tour de San Luis in Argentina that almost left him paralysed.

The Italian Movistar rider revealed the news during an emotional press conference near his home in Parma.

"Lots of people have asked me how I was feeling in the last few months as I underwent physiotherapy work and started training again. But I said I’d talk only when I’d return to racing. Now I can say, it, I’m going to race in Canada at the Grand Prix de Quebec and Montreal," Malori said.

"I'm afraid I'll start crying as I roll to the start and see all the riders and sense all the atmosphere around a race but it’s where I badly want to be."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Malori revealed that he had to fight against the doubts of several doctors and recover from damage to the right side of his brain that had limited his use of his right arm and shoulder. He has a titanium plate in his left cheek where he hit the road at 65km/h but is now happy to be alive after months of doubt and tears.

"I spent months crying. I don’t wish what I’ve been through on anyone in the world,” he said, his voice often interrupted by his emotions as he thought back to what he has been through.

"When I was Pamplona doing my physiotherapy work and trying to recover, there were lots of difficult moments. I was sometimes rolled up on the floor. For several months I couldn’t walk to the bathroom and I fell to the floor like a sack of potatoes. Those were difficult moments and I often spent time asking why destiny had given me all this."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2bAfGqI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...