Thursday 30 March 2017

Van Avermaet: This year I feel like it's my turn

http://ift.tt/2nkNImn

BMC Racing have named a strong, experienced line-up for Sunday’s Tour of Flanders as the US-registered WorldTour squad aim to help Greg Van Avermaet continue his run of victories on the cobbles.

The Olympic road race champion has won Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, E3 Harelbeke and Gent-Wevelgem so far this spring, earning him the nickname of the ‘King of Flanders’. He hopes to extend his reign with his first ever monument victory on Sunday, and BMC have selected Silvan Dillier, Jempy Drucker, Martin Elmiger, Stefan Kung, Daniel Oss, Manuel Quinziato and Francisco Ventoso to help him.

"My win on Sunday at Gent-Wevelgem was incredible, and as I said then, I don’t think I can pretend that I’m not the favorite anymore for the Tour of Flanders. I’ve had the best start to the season possible, and what gives me even more confidence is knowing that my favourite race, the race that suits me the most, is still to come," Van Avermaet said.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

As a Flandrian, Van Avermaet is fully aware of the significance of the Tour of Flanders.

"Lining up on Sunday will be a really special feeling. I know I’m the strongest I’ve ever been in the spring, and this year the race passes my house," he revealed.

"I say it every year; I know the roads so well, I train every day on the parcours, and this year I feel like it’s my turn. I’m going to race aggressively and I have seven riders completely dedicated to helping me win. There’s nothing more I can do to prepare. I’m ready."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2mQZUiB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...