Tuesday 28 March 2017

John Degenkolb's custom Trek Domane SLR - Gallery

http://ift.tt/2mKlJjS

John Degenkolb (Trek-Segafredo) joins the list of top riders who will compete on custom-painted bikes throughout the remaining Classics, with bike sponsor Trek creating a "Café Racer" commemorative paint scheme for the German's Trek Domane SLR.

The winner of Milan-San Remo and Paris-Roubaix in 2015 has one win so far this season at the Dubai Tour, but he has been knocking on the door with multiple podium finishes in stages at multi-day races as well as recently finishing seventh at Milan-San Remo and fifth at Gent-Wevelgem.

He'll face his next test at the Tour of Flanders on the custom Domane that features a unique paint scheme inspired by Degenkolb’s personal style and off-the-bike passion, classic café racer motorcycles. Conceptualized by Trek graphic designer Micah Moran, the design takes cues directly from the Degenkolb's custom motorcycle that he often rides in and around his hometown of Frankfurt, Germany.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Hand-scuffed liquid metal provides a base layer that is complimented with a "dark smoke" tint and splashes of red trim, while details like Degnkolb's lucky number "7" and a badge for his nickname "Dege" complete the custom look.

"Obviously I loved the bike right from the start because it’s inspired by who I am, on and off the bike," Degenkolb said in a statement released by his team. "Some people call me 'a gentleman of speed,' a title I would like to honor as much as I can, and you will find that also on my stem. The bike has my lucky number 7 on the seat tube as well.

"Of course, everybody knows that cobbles are my favorite terrain, but I am not sure if people are aware that my passion off the bike is motorcycles," he said. "So riding a bike whose design takes cues directly from my personal café racer moto, that's just awesome."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2naPGVF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...