Friday 31 March 2017

Jolien D'hoore spearheads Wiggle's charge into Tour of Flanders

http://ift.tt/2nTXCOO

Jolien D'hoore is set to lead Wiggle High5's challenge in Sunday's women's Tour of Flanders, with the Belgian in strong form and high spirits after her second place in last weekend's Gent-Wevelgem.

The former Belgian national champion has enjoyed a strong start to the 2017 season with a win in Spar-Omloop van het Hageland and further top ten places in Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and the Ronde van Drenthe. Wiggle High5 also go into Flanders with Elisa Longo Borghini – the 2015 Flanders champion – and Annette Edmondson, who won the Pajot Hills Classics earlier this week.

"Sunday is like a Holy Day for the Belgians," D'hoore said in statement released by the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"So it's important for me, it's the race I worked for all winter, and I just hope for good legs on Sunday. I know the team's really strong now, so I'm really looking forward to racing now."

After her runner-up spot in Gent-Wevelgem, D'hoore will be aware that her form will make her a marked rider but she will take motivation from narrowly missing out last weekend. Wiggle High5 have good relationship with the Tour of Flanders and made the podium last year when Emma Johansson was edged out in the sprint against Lizzie Deignan.

“Mostly I’m happy with the form I have right now, in the last couple of races. Coming second is disappointing, certainly if it's like a little difference like that – a photo finish – but then I saw the video again, and I saw that I just hesitated for just a fraction of a second a few hundred metres before the finish and maybe that cost me the victory.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2oIOCcF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...