Tuesday 29 December 2015

Wiggins still in search of perfection on the bike

http://ift.tt/1QUiuOX

Bradley Wiggins has talked about his love of cycling, his search for perfection on the bike and the fear of losing his fitness when he eventually retires from professional racing.

The 2012 Tour de France winner is currently training for the team pursuit on the track the Rio Olympics and is expected to bring the curtain down on his long career at the end of 2016. He will be 36 in April but has said he intends to continue riding his bike after retirement, in continual pursuit of a perfect ride.

"I've always been fascinated by the aesthetics of cycling. And I always find myself thinking about pedal strokes and position on the bike," Wiggins revealed in a recent interview with the Sunday Times as he presented his book on his successful Hour Record attempt.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"One of the things that struck me as a kid, while watching Francesco Moser in [the film] 'A Sunday in Hell' was his riding on the cobbles. You would never realise he was on the cobbles if you didn't see the road, because of his smoothness. I always find myself trying to replicate the best possible riding position when I'm on the bike.

"The worst days on a bike are when you don't feel comfortable, if you've got a saddle sore or a little bit twisted after being sat in a car all day. I find it's never enjoyable then and I have to get off the bike and crack my back. In some ways I have to be comfortable and be at one with the bike. Then it's easy and I enjoy it."

Executing a perfect ride

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1OWsC3z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...