Tuesday 29 December 2015

Lechner signs with Luna, thanks Colnago Team for past support - News Shorts

http://ift.tt/1QUiuOX

Lechner signs with Luna, thanks Colnago Team

Italy's Eva Lechner announced Monday that after spending most of her career with the Colnago Team, she has signed for the American squad Luna Pro Team beginning in the 2016 season. She made the announcement in a thank you letter to the Colnago bike manufacturer's founder Ernesto Colnago and to the Colnago Team. 

Lechner is a world-class multidiscipline cyclist in mountain biking, cyclo-cross and road racing. She won the world championship mountain bike (team relay) and is a multi-time national champion in mountain bike, cyclo-cross and road. She secured the silver medal at the cyclo-cross World Championships in 2014 and opened this season with a victory during the first round of the cyclo-cross World Cup in Valkenburg, where she took the series lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“The end of 2015 will also be the end of the unique experience that helped me to grow up not only athletically but also personally: I decided to start a new adventure from January 2016, which is going to involve once again my career in this sport and my personal life as a human being. My jersey is changing and I am going to wear the one of the American Luna Chix Team. A new experience, in the United States of America, for the next years.

“I thought about it for a long time and it has been a difficult decision to take after so many years with the Colnago Team, which made me grow, and saw me wearing more than 20 Italian champion jerseys, winning world championships, participating in two Olympic Games and getting so satisfied thanks to cyclo-cross in international competitions.

“Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all of you. Thanks to Ernesto Colnago, who has always believed in me and created, for me, amazing bicycles that I used all over the world, and thanks to my president Erminio Bolgiani, who has been an essential guide behind the scenes. Thanks to my technicians, to Edi, Lukas and Jerry, my team managers, and to my important sponsors. Thanks to all of my today's and yesterday's mates. If it wasn't for all of you, I wouldn't be the person that I actually am. Working in a team has been something extraordinary, and it's also thanks to them that I am ready to start and face a new game.”
 

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1OWsCjS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...