Matteo Trentin (Etixx Quick Step) claimed Paris-Tours in a close sprint ahead of Tosh Van der Sande (Lotto Soudal) and Greg Van Avermaet (BMC Racing) after the trio rode clear of the peloton in the final 10 kilometres of the race.
Trentin initiated the wining move with an attack on the penultimate climb with Van der Sande, Van Avermaet and Pavel Brut (Tinkoff Saxo) going with him. The Tinkoff rider was dropped on the final short ascent and the remaining trio looked set to decide the race in a three-up sprint.
Disaster struck for former winner Van Avermaet, though, with the Belgian suffering a puncture with 1,000 meters to go. That left Trentin and Tosh Van der Sande to decide the sprint and despite leading out from 800 meters to go the Etixx rider had too much for his young rival.
The win marked Trentin’s fourth success of the season.
"I'm really happy. After the World Championships I stayed focused and trained at home. I lived the life of a rider for the last few races of the season," Trentin said at the finish.
"This is my fifth race win in France out of seven wins so I always win in France."
You can read more at Cyclingnews.com
via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/1LpRKC7
No comments:
Post a Comment