Thursday 29 October 2015

News shorts: Niemiec renews with Lampre-Merida; Wanty drops Leukemans, adds McNally

http://ift.tt/1kf0GzP

Przemyslaw Niemiec has reached an agreement with Lampre-Merida to extend his contract with the Italian squad through the end of the 2017 season. The veteran Polish rider made his WorldTour debut with the team in 2011 after nine years on Continental Italian squads. He won a stage in the 2014 Vuelta a Espana, but crashed out of this year's race on stage 2.

"There are not many cyclists who can sum up experience and climbing qualities as Niemiec," team manager Brent Copeland said. "Przemyslaw is a perfect professional, had has had a fantastic development path, and he is now ready to allow younger runners to take advantage of these qualities. In addition to having his own goals, Niemiec is a fundamental point of reference for young riders who will wear the colours blue-fuchsia-green in the coming seasons, he will be an example to follow and from which to draw inspiration."

Niemiec went winless in 2015, and was relieved to be retained with Lampre, saying it showed the team has faith in him. "I want to show my gratitude through good performances," he said. "I intend to achieve good results next season and I know I can fight for individual success. At the same time I won't forget about the support on the road I can provide to my teammates, especially to many young riders, on the road and off."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

The team will set the schedule for the riders in December, and Niemiec hopes to target the Giro d'Italia next year. "I train hard every day to strengthen my legs. In about two weeks’ time I’m going to start training on the bike. I want to be fit and well prepared for the next season, my motivation to ride at a high level is very big. I’ve had a good rest after last season, I don't have to worry about my future and I can focus on riding the best I can next season."

Wanty drops Leukemans, adds McNally

Wanty-Groupe Gobert has decided not to renew the contract for Bjorn Leukemans, the team announced today. The team instead picked up British rider Mark McNally from the Madison-Genesis team.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1WlSwl7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...