Wednesday 28 October 2015

Sagan vows to race with passion as he targets Classics and Tour de France once more

http://ift.tt/1PRz0hA

Peter Sagan (Tinkoff Saxo) has an entire winter to debate whether or not he will ride with greater pressure on his shoulders next season but if the World Champion is adamant about one thing it's that he will line up next season with exactly the same racing mentality that earned him the rainbow jersey.

"Maybe it can be more pressure with the jersey next season, maybe not. Winning the Worlds was a great feeling and I'm very happy with the fact that I'm the World champion. It's the best result I could I have hoped for but I'll continue to race with passion," he tells Cyclingnews during an interview at the team's training camp on the Croatian coast.

"That [racing mentality] will not change. The only change is that I'll be doing it in one of the more beautiful jerseys in cycling."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

The last few weeks of Sagan's life have been somewhat of a whirlwind. From Richmond he's gone back to Slovakia and enjoyed a hero's welcome; he's soaked up the heat in the Abu Dhabi dunes, spent time in Monaco, won awards, shared his views on world peace, had a holiday of sorts and ridden a camel. By the time he reaches the interview chair with Cyclingnews he's already signed two dozen jerseys and bidons, posed for photos and had a coffee with his agent and former rider Giovanni Lombardi.

"There's not been too much relaxing. After the Worlds it was crazy and then I went to Abu Dhabi but since then it's been calmer. I've had some time off in Monaco and it's been a week since I've ridden my bike. I'll take another two weeks, maybe three off," he says.

"Going home, though, that was great they treated me a like a superstar but I really don't feel like one."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Interviews and Features http://ift.tt/1PRyXCt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...