Wednesday 31 January 2018

'No pressure' for Ferrand-Prevot at Cyclo-cross World Championships

http://ift.tt/2GyZZxs

Pauline Ferrand-Prévot confirmed Wednesday that she will line up for the elite women's UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships in Valkenburg, Netherlands, on Saturday, despite a heavy fall in last weekend’s World Cup in Hoogerheide. The former world champion, who took a two-year hiatus from cyclo-cross, says that she feels no pressure heading into the race.

"Even if I had broken my ribs I think that I still would have tried to race on Saturday," Ferrand-Prévot said.

Ferrand-Prévot crashed with Jolanda Neff last Sunday and was taken to hospital. She was later cleared and released with no major injuries. Neff sustained a broken elbow and collarbone, and has been forced to sit out of the championship event.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Ferrand-Prévot is one of the favourites to win the world title again, even though this is her first season racing cyclo-cross since taking a two-year break from the discipline, citing injury and burn-out.

"I don't want to speak about results. On Saturday I have nothing to lose. I don't have the rainbow jersey to defend. Like I said, I’ve had a nice season so far. I want to do my best, go full gas, not forget anything important, or make any mistakes. I’m in good shape, I have the best support around me and I want to do the maximum race I can do with all of those things."

Before she took time off, Ferrand-Prévot won back-to-back national titles in 2014 and 2015. She went on to win the world title in 2015, and together with her road race world title and the mountain bike world title, she held three rainbow jerseys within 12 months of each other.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-pressure-for-ferrand-prevot-at-cyclo-cross-world-championships

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...