Tuesday 30 January 2018

Brajkovic signs with Continental team Adria Mobil Cycling in 2018 - News Shorts

http://ift.tt/2DZwlD1

Janez Brajkovič has signed with the Slovenian Continental team Adria Mobil Cycling for the 2018 season. Brajkovič, 34 years old and from Slovenia, joins the team after spending one season as a domestique for Bahrain Merida.

"I'm happy with my return to a cycling team from Novo Mesto," said Brajkovič, who started his racing career with the team in 2001. “I know I didn’t say the last word in cycling and I'm full of optimism for the future. I had some offers from the other teams, but I choose to sign for Adria Mobil Cycling.

"It's as organized as other teams, has good riders and good racing program that will enable me to progress and prove myself. I want to pay back for everything that the team did in the start of my racing career. There are a lot of young cyclists in the team and I’m sure they can gain from my experiences."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Brajkovič joined Adria Mobil, then called Krka Telekom, 17 years ago. After his success in 2004, with a victory in the under-23 time trial at the World Championships, Brajkovič moved on to a professional contract with Discovery Channel.

He spent three seasons with the American team followed by two years with Astana, two with RadioShack and another three seasons with Astana. A decade spent racing with WorldTour teams came to an end in 2015 when Brajkovič signed a two-year deal with the American Professional Continental team UnitedHealthcare but he wound up back on the WorldTour with Bahrain-Merida last year.

His standout results include victories on Critérium du Dauphiné (2010), Tour of Slovenia (2012), Tour de Georgia (2007), and he was ninth overall at the 2012 Tour de France.

Naesen starts season with AG2R La Mondiale in Valencia

Porsev focused on flat stages in Valencia

Canola leads Nippo-Vini Fantini at Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brajkovic-signs-with-continental-team-adria-mobil-cycling-in-2018-news-shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...