Monday 29 January 2018

Ewan: I'm not going to the Tour de France for experience, I'm ready to win

http://ift.tt/2DPQxYI

Caleb Ewan (Mitchelton-Scott) will make his highly anticipated debut at this year's Tour de France with the 23-year-old sprinter looking to complete a set of Grand Tour stage wins. The Australian, who won a stage of the Tour Down Under earlier this month, sat down with Cyclingnews on the morning of the final stage in Adelaide to talk about his Tour aspirations, how many riders he expects to support him in July, and his future.  

Cyclingnews: We're about to start the final stage of the Tour Down Under but how would you assess your race overall with one stage to go?

Caleb Ewan: I'm happy with the stage win. I would have preferred more but the sprint field quality is higher here than it has been in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

CN: How would you assess your performances on an individual basis?

CE: I stuffed a few up but on the first stage I hit out and Andre Greipel was just quicker, whereas the stage to Victor Harbour I waited way too long and Elia Viviani got the jump on me. That was annoying to stuff up, especially after I'd had such a good leadout. The stage around Stirling was good and that was a bit of an unknown, in terms of if I could make it to the finish or not. I think that if there was one stage that I could win, it would be that one. It was the toughest one.

CN: Did that give you a boost and prove that you'd developed as a rider because not everyone had you down as a favourite for the Stirling stage? It was a really tough profile.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Interviews and Features http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/ewan-im-not-going-to-the-tour-de-france-for-experience-im-ready-to-win

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...