Tuesday 24 October 2017

Nathan Earle signs two-year deal with Israel Cycling Academy

http://ift.tt/2yPLyUv

Israel Cycling Academy continues to bolster its 2018 roster with the signing of 29-year-old Australian Nathan Earle. Earle raced with Team Sky in 2014 and 2015, spent 2016 with Drapac Pro Cycling and then moved to Japanese Continental team UKYO this year.

"For me this is the biggest signing of my career," Earle said in a statement released with the team's announcement.

"I can't wait to race back in Europe and have the challenge of racing some of the biggest races again. I couldn't think of a better team to do this with, and I am looking forward to the journey. I believe I am yet to see the best of my ability and I'm excited to see how far I can push myself whilst growing with Israel Cycling Academy."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

The Pro Continental team has been steadily building its 2018 roster with hopes of gaining entry to the Giro d'Italia, which will start in Jerusalem next year. The team has already added seven new riders, including Ben Hermans from BMC Racing an Ruben Plaza from Orica-Scott.

Team director Kjell Carlström said Earle's role within Cycling Academy will be more well defined during the year, but he sees Earle providing support for the general classification riders as well as taking his own opportunities.

"My idea is that he can continue to grow as a rider, seize his chances in some races and be a valuable helper for Ben [Hermans] and Ruben [Plaza] in some hillier and tougher races," Carlström said.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2ixnQpS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...