Sunday 29 October 2017

Keough continues winning streak in Devou Park

http://ift.tt/2xxTW7C

Kaitlin Keough continued her domination of the US 'cross circuit, taking her sixth victory of the season in the Cincy CX in Devou Park. Keough was part of a group that established a lead on the second lap, then charged away to win over Carolina Mani (Van Dessel) and Ellen Noble (Aspire Racing).

Keough rode smoothly through off-camber sections and the climbs to put on a clinic. The 30-second gap she gained over Mani turned into almost a full minute by the time she reached the finish line. It would be the French woman's fourth podium finish this year in ProCX races.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I rode my own race. It was really hard out there, the course is heavy. It was technical with the mud," Keough said about the water-logged track. "I am strong running in the mud, so that's good. I just tried to focus and be smooth where I had to be to make minimal mistakes, then go fast where I could pedal. I made a few mistakes, but I feel like that is expected because it is our first muddy race of the season. I was strong today and I'm really happy about it."

 

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/2zVQGEt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...