Thursday 26 October 2017

2018 Tour of Flanders and Commonwealth Games early-season goals for Elvin

http://ift.tt/2xsJle4

In November of 2016, Gracie Elvin outlined her goal to win the 2017 Tour of Flanders. In April, she came within a wheel length of winning the race. In 2018, the Tour of Flanders will again be the primary goal for the Australian on Orica-Scott. However, the 28-year-old is also aiming for the Commonwealth Games road race just two-weeks later on the Gold Coast, Brisbane.

"It is always going to be a focus for me," Elvin Cyclingnews of her Flanders focus on the start line of the women's Tour of Guangxi. "My heart lies in that part of the world for racing and I am just going to keep trying to win it until I retire. I have to be so happy with second this year. That was a bit of a dream day but unfortunately it wasn't a win but if my 12-year-old self knew that was going to happen, I would have been thrilled.

"Next year it is going to be a focus, especially because it is two weeks before the Commonwealth Games in Australia. I am going to be really fit for that too. That period of racing is going to be really important for me."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Having hit her goals and nailed the process to ensure she arrived at Flanders in peak form, Elvin faces the challenge of earning selection for the Gold Coast games in the early-season while remaining focused for Belgium. Elvin could also add the Ardennes into the mix to ensure a packed start to the season.

"It is going to be a challenge, so I am working on a good plan now," she said. "Especially because we are probably going to have to focus a little more on the January racing as well. All the Aussies are going to be vying for those spots at the Commonwealth Games and nationals, cadels race, TDU … they are all going to be as important as the races in the spring in Europe.

"I am going to have to plan it carefully and then plan the travel around that carefully as well. I might have to jump straight back on a plane if I do go to the Commonwealth Games back for the Ardennes races so it going to be a few full-on weeks."

Chinese expansion

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2zSEcxv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...