Thursday 26 October 2017

Lachlan Morton to focus on wins in 2018

http://ift.tt/2xsJle4

Focused on 'survival' during his return to the WorldTour with Dimension Data in 2017, Lachlan Morton is aiming for greater consistency and wins in 2018.

Morton finished his 2017 season at the Tour of Guangxi after starting the year in Australia at the national championships and Tour Down Under. His 79 race day season was the longest yet of his career. But that is precisely what the 25-year-old wanted after two years of riding in the USA with the Jelly Belly team.

"I asked the team to race as long as I could this year because the last few years I haven't that much, [and] I seem to get better the more I race," Morton told Cyclingnews of his first season to feature more than 50 race days. "This is about as long as you can race I think. I fly from here to training camp. It's been a long season but it has been fun."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

A professional with the Slipstream team in 2013-14, Morton then spent two years with the American Continental Jelly Belly team. During his time with the squad, Morton was able to express himself on and off the bike, finding a balance in his life to contrast the demands of the WorldTour, documented in the ‘Thereabouts' films Morton and brother Gus have made in recent years.

Learning perseverance

Regardless of the miles racked by Morton in recent years, the 2017 season was always going to be a step up in quality. With his season stretching into late October, Morton explained he is yet to fully decompress and reflect on the year, but was able to assess what this season has taught him about himself.

"General perseverance. Either I was on or I was off. If everything was right, I was good," he reflected on the lessons learnt during 2017.

Learning to win

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2xsctlP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...