Wednesday 25 October 2017

Breschel returns to Slipstream Sports for 2018

http://ift.tt/2leq2Dq

Veteran Danish rider Matti Breschel will return to the Slipstream Sports set-up in 2018 to bolster the squad’s Classics line-up. Slipstream Sports is the owner of Jonathan Vaughters' Cannondale-Drapac team.

The 33-year-old Dane raced for Cannondale-Drapac in 2016 but struggled due to injury and illness. He moved to Astana for the 2017 season but will now be part of the new-look Slipstream Sports team that secured last-minute sponsorship from EF Education First. 

“It’s great to be back, I’m really happy. I never really wanted to leave the team. I was a bit sad when I’m left, and I’m glad to have the opportunity to return,” Breschel said in a statement from Slipstream Sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“We’re a much stronger squad in 2018, especially on the Classics side. That’s where I fit in, and I’m looking forward to helping Sep [Vanmarcke]. He’s the guy that can finish it off, and we didn’t necessarily have that the last time I was here. It’s going to be a real challenge to get him up for the win, but I think we’re up for it. We’re one of the stronger teams in the classics on paper – that’s the way I see it at least.”

Breschel has recorded 21 wins during his 14-year career. He turned professional with Bjarne Riis’ CSC team in 2005 and has ridden 30 Monuments. His last victory was on home roads at the 2015 Tour of Denmark.

He did not race a Grand Tour in 2017 and has not raced since the Tour of Denmark in mid-September.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2i62Z9p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...