Monday 25 September 2017

Gogl extends with Trek-Segafredo through 2019 - News shorts

http://ift.tt/2yCZOxb

Michael Gogl has extended his contract with Trek-Segafredo through the 2019 season, the team announced Monday via press release.

The 23-year-old Austrian joined Trek at the start of the year and initially had a deal through 2018, but according to the release, he "was eager to extend it for an extra year" after making his debut this season.

A top 10 finish at the Amstel Gold Race stands out as Gogl's most notable result so far this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I am really happy about my first year with the team. I found everything I could have hoped for. Trek-Segafredo is for me the right place to develop myself as a rider. The team offers me the perfect surrounding and excels by its professional way of working," Gogl said.

"This year I did my first Classics campaign in the Ardennes and I was really satisfied. After my 8th place in the Amstel Gold Race I started to believe the Ardennes Classics might be my thing. So, in the years to come I will look to obtain even better results in these races and I want to work hard to be able to improve further in that direction."

Luca Guercilena, Trek-Segafredo general manager, described the decision as a long-term investment in the up-and-coming rider.

Vermeulen to leave LottoNL-Jumbo next year

Vos, Eisel elected to UCI Athletes Commission

12 WorldTour teams for Giro dell'Emilia

Ellsay signs Pro Conti contract

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2yCyfEg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...