Thursday 28 September 2017

Mark Cavendish: This has been the toughest season of my career

http://ift.tt/2fD8Plc

Mark Cavendish will race on the road until Paris-Tours (October 10) and then ride the London Six-Day (October 24-29) as he comes to the end of an illness and injury-hit season that he described as the toughest of his career.

Cavendish completed the hilly two-day Giro della Toscana on Wednesday and lined up for the equally tough Coppa Sabatini race on Thursday, happy to play a domestique role for Dimension Data and clock up the hard miles.

He admits he will have little chance of adding to his tally of just one victory in 2017 but needs the racing after missing so much of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“I’ve got to keep racing this year, so that I don’t affect next year. I’ve had so little racing due to my illness and injuries that I’ve got to carry on through. I’m not chasing success, I’m realistic about that, I’m just going to ride my bike and help the team,” Cavendish told Cyclingnews and La Gazzetta dello Sport in Tuscany.

“I’m going to race on the road until Paris-Tours. I’d even considered riding the Tour of Guangxi but it clashes with the London Six day, which I’m riding with Pete Kennaugh.”

Cavendish won a stage at the Abu Dhabi Tour in February and seemed set for another successful season. However, he struggled at Tirreno-Adriatico and was eventually diagnosed with Epstein-Barr virus (Mononucleosis) in mid-April.

Watching the World Championships

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2xJpeKZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...