Monday 28 August 2017

Valverde rides with Movistar on Vuelta a Espana rest day

http://ift.tt/2wiAHPi

The Movistar team had a visitor at the Vuelta a Espana, with Alejandro Valverde joining the remaining riders for a training ride on the race’s first rest day. Valverde greeted the press on Monday morning outside the team hotel in Alicante before heading out on the ride.

"I started to ride the bike before I could walk," Valverde said ahead of the ride, according to Spanish publication AS. "The first month was the worst, later I worked a lot.

"I am not completely recovered, evidently, and I have a strange sensation in the leg, but I feel good."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Valverde is still on the path to recovery following his hefty crash on the opening stage of the Tour de France last month. The Spaniard hit the ground in a slippery corner during the time trial and collided with a barrier, breaking his kneecap. He underwent surgery and remained in Germany for several days before travelling home.

On his soon to be teammate Mikel Landa, Valverde said: "I thought he was a revelation and that he had demonstrated that. I don’t think that there are not going to be any problems in the team. There is a calendar for everyone."

Valverde was expected to be out for the rest of the season but has been training for the past week and has expressed his interest in racing at the Tour de Guangxi in October.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2wM4T8J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...