Saturday 26 August 2017

Vuelta a Espana: Stage 7 finish line quotes

http://ift.tt/2wQm605

Matej Mohoric (UAE Team Emirates) - stage winner

It has been a long time since my last big win. I've always worked hard and tried to do my best, but it feels great to get a victory again.

I was in the breakaway the other day when [Alexey] Lutsenko won. I felt very good then. Even though the stage wasn't well suited to my characteristics, I still finished fourth so I knew my shape was pretty good. Today the team wanted me to go in the breakaway. I tried to save as much energy as possible and gave it my all in the final. I knew the final was well suited to me because I'm good in the descent so I know that if I come over the top with some guys that I have a chance of winning the stage if I go away in the downhill.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

I'm very happy for myself and the Team UAE Emirates who gave me a chance to ride in the Vuelta and to win a stage for them.

Chris Froome (Team Sky) - race leader

Today, I think a special mention to Ian Stannard and Christian Knees, they did pretty much the entire stage on the front today. The rest of the team were fantastic in the final. Today was a lot more relaxed for us, a lot more in control. It's another good day to tick off and now we can start thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow is another tough final. There will be ramps of over 18 per cent in the final 5k of the climb before we descent to the finish. It's going to be a big GC battle tomorrow.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2w6Nje2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...