Saturday 26 August 2017

FDJ sign track rider Benjamin Thomas

http://ift.tt/2wQm605

FDJ has added French multiple track world champion Benjamin Thomas to its roster for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Thomas is the third signing for the French squad after Team Sunweb pairing Georg Preidler and Ramon Sinkeldam were confirmed earlier this month.

Thomas is just 21 but has already achieved a lot on the track, including world titles in the Madison and the omnium earlier this season. On the road, he has been racing with the Armée de Terre – Girs Continental squad and has won stages of the Four Days of Dunkirk and the Tour de Wallonie. He finished the Tour du Poitou-Charentes in second in the young riders classification. Thomas says that he’s looking forward to the step up.

"For me, it's a little like a French Team Sky, I will be able to benefit from top equipment in a team that makes me dream,” said Thomas. “I am obviously happy and very motivated by this new challenge at the top of the world. It's one more step to climb in my career, but I'm ready.”

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Thomas’ performances meant that there were a number of teams interested in securing his services, but a conversation with team manager Marc Madiot sealed the deal. While at FDJ, he will be able to combine the road with his track ambitions too, which include next year’s World Championships.

"I had several proposals, I weighed the pros and cons, but the speech of Marc Madiot quickly seduced me,” explained I know I will be in very good conditions in this team which is for me the best in France. And continuing on the track is important to me. [It] will allow me to be a part of the next world championships in Apeldoorn.

“The track is mostly in winter even if I always have a foot two or three times a month. And then it is natural enough for me to go from track to road; I switch very quickly.”

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2xlYcHu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...