Wednesday 30 August 2017

Jesus and Jose Herrada leave Movistar for Cofidis

http://ift.tt/2vKqtpe

Jesus and Jose Herrada, will both leave Movistar at the end of this season after signing with the French Cofidis team for 2018.

Jesús Herrada, 27, turned pro with the Spanish WorldTour team in 2011, and has twice won the Spanish national championships road race. The latest came in June, and so he will therefore wear national champ’s colours in his first six months at Cofidis.

Having performed strongly on French soil in the past few years - with a stage win at the Critérium du Dauphiné and runner-up overall finishes at the Tour du Haut Var, Tour du Limousin, and Tour du Poitou-Charentes - he feels the French Pro Continental team is the perfect place for him to kick on and break out of his comfort zone. 

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“Movistar is like a family to me, so it’s not easy to change teams, but I think it’s time to move on,” he said in a statement from Cofidis.

“I looked at several options but I didn’t hesitate in going for Cofidis. I know I’ll find lots of support in this new challenge, and that’s the most important thing – confidence. I’m 27, and the time is right to take on new responsibilities and to see the level I can reach in the biggest races. I’m very happy, I’m sure I’ll continue to have successful seasons, particularly on the French calendar, where I’ve always had my best results. I also want to take on the big classics and week-long stage races. For that, Cofidis was the perfect team to join."

The Spanish champion will be joined, as he has been at Movistar since 2012, by his brother, José, four years his senior. José Herrada turned pro with the Contentpolis team in 2008, spending two seasons there and two seasons at Caja Rural before joining Movistar in 2012.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2wixZLF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...