Monday 31 July 2017

Viviani rules out breaking Team Sky contract to join UAE Team Emirates

http://ift.tt/2tWekRS

Elia Viviani has confirmed that he will race for Team Sky after August 1 and that he will remain with the British WorldTour team in 2018. Reports in July had suggested that, after missing out on a spot at the Giro d’Italia, the Italian would make a mid-season transfer to UAE Team Emirates and race with them for the remainder of the season and into 2018.

At the RideLondon Classic Viviani put the speculation of a mid-season – and a switch in 2018 – to bed and insisted that he would honour his contract with Team Sky for next season.

“I’m happy at Team Sky. Absolutely, I was disappointed to miss the Grand Tours and the Giro, we all know that, but I really hope to do those races next season,” he told Cyclingnews.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

During the Tour de France respected Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport had reported that Viviani had agreed a two-year deal with UAE and that Team Sky was willing to let him leave. On those specific reports, Viviani added, “I’m not interested in what they say. They need to show attention to what they put in the paper because they said it was an official report but it wasn’t true.”

When asked if he would go to UAE in 2018 Viviani said: “No, no no. I’m happy with Team Sky, and I have one more year left on my contract. I signed with them last year.”

Cyclingnews asked if he was 100 per cent certain on remaining with Team Sky. “Yes. I don’t want to talk more than this but yes.”

Next goal: the European Road Race championships

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2vXsXSw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...