Tuesday 25 July 2017

Teuns wins stage 3 at Tour de Wallonie

http://ift.tt/2vWqxTe

Dylan Teuns (BMC Racing) showed off his yellow jersey properly Monday at the Tour de Wallonie, soloing away from a reduced bunch on the final climb to Houffalize and soloing to the stage 3 win. Teuns added more than half a minute to his race lead, further securing the jersey he took from Ben Thomas (Equipe Cycliste Armée de Terre) the day before.

Teuns escaped the main peloton after his BMC Racing teammates pulled back the final remnants of the day's breakaway inside 10km to go, then he held his advantage to the line to beat Quentin Pacher (Delko Marseille Provence KTM) and Odd Christian Eiking (FDJ) by nine seconds.

"First of all, I would like to thank my BMC Racing Team teammates," Teuns said. "They did a great job today and controlled the race. I said to them this morning that today was the main GC day and that my best chance was to ride for the victory. That's exactly what the team did, and all I had to do was finish it off in the closing meters of the race.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I was just feeling really good and I knew that I needed to attack there if I wanted to win," Teuns said. "I have been feeling strong in my last few races and especially at GP Pino Cerami and also the first two stages here. It is good for me that I can show something after my good result at Flèche Wallone at the beginning of the year. My spring was really good, and now I have another good result here, which is really positive for me."

Teuns now leads Tosh Van der Sande (Lotto-Soudal) by 32 second in the overall, with Thomas in third, 29 seconds back.

 

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/2vWGsAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...