Wednesday 26 July 2017

Drucker claims stage 4 in Tour de Wallonie

http://ift.tt/2h2zNCz

Jempy Drucker (BMC Racing) claimed a photo-finish victory on stage 4 of the Tour de Wallonie, prevailing narrowly in the bunch sprint over Adam Blythe (Aqua Blue Sport) and the hard-charging Jonas Van Genechten (Cofidis).

The flat stage was one for the sprinters, and the day's five-man breakaway with Kevin Deltombe (Sport Vlaanderen Baloise), Nicolas Cleppe (Telenet Fidea), Edvaldas Siskevicius (Delko Marseille), Kevin Van Melsen (Wanty-Groupe Gobert) and Elmar Reinders (Roompot) was reeled in on the 9km finishing circuit in Profondeville.

That set up the bunch sprint, which Blythe opened up early and looked set to win until Drucker sped through and pipped him with the bike thrown.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"It was a really tight finish and on the line, I actually couldn't tell if I had won. It was only when I heard it in my ear piece that I knew," Drucker said.

"On stage 2, I made the mistake of waiting too long but today, I was on the right wheels and I had the right line to be able to take the win so I am happy."

It was the second stage win in a row for BMC, and keeps stage 3 winner Dylan Teuns in the leader's jersey with one stage to go.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/2eNpxxy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...