Monday 24 July 2017

Dragoo wins Cascade Cycling Classic overall

http://ift.tt/2uQzKiF

Sara Poidevin won the final stage at the Cascade Cycling Classic Sunday, but the Rally Cycling rider was unable to overcome the deficit to race leader Allie Dragoo (Sho-Air Twenty20), who took an emotional overall win for the team she only recently re-joined.

Dragoo finished third on the stage behind Poidevan and Emma Grant (Colavita-Bianchi), and it was good enough to seal her general classification victory by seven seconds over Poidevin and one minute over teammate Jasmin Duehring in third.

After the win, a tearful Dragoo thanked her team for the effort throughout the week after she took yellow on stage 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"My team gave their all for me and I'm really proud of them," Dragoo said. "It means a lot to me how much they worked. I was so anxious and stressed, obviously, because I've never been in this position in a nice stage race like this, and I just owe it to all of them.

"It's really special to me, especially because it's been a couple years of ups and down, and it really feels good to end the stage race season with a win," said Dragoo, who moved to Cervelo Bigla in the offseason but returned to the Sho-Air team last month. "I owe it all to my team, so thank you."

The 78km stage on the edge of host city Bend, Oregon, offered a saw-tooth profile for the women as they traversed three laps of the circuit. Temperatures nearing 100 degrees Fahrenheit only added to the day's challenge.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/2uQIZiL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...