Monday 30 January 2017

Cope: Select committee? I am meant to be at a Wiggins camp

http://ift.tt/2k9r7bH

One of the central figures in the UKAD investigation into potential wrongdoing between Team Sky and British Cycling has told Cyclingnews that he is willing to meet the Culture, Media and Sport Committee on February 22 but that he must clear his diary of a Team Wiggins event first.

Simon Cope, who travelled from Manchester to the Criterium du Dauphine in 2011 to deliver a medical package for Bradley Wiggins, told Cyclingnews on Monday that he has not been directly contacted by the select committee, despite a member of the British Parliament stating that an invitation to attend their inquiry had been issued.

"How come BBC Sport know that I'm going to the select committee before I even know?" Cope asked Cyclingnews when contacted on the phone less than two hours after the select committee announced that Cope had been asked to attend.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I just got sent a link to the BBC. I've not been contacted by the select committee to go up there. They've not got in touch with me to see if I can go. There have been emails going around, but no one has actually contacted me personally from the select committee.

Cope told Cyclingnews that the select committee had attempted to reach him via Simon Fuller's XIX agency. The company in question worked with Wiggins until earlier this month, but that he had not held talks with them.

"There was an email sent to XIX saying that they wanted to contact me. So obviously they don't have my direct email address. I'd like to know how that's got out before I even know."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2kjPTbx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...