Tuesday 31 January 2017

Cavendish satisfied with third place in Dubai Tour sprint after late flat

http://ift.tt/2kMpy3d

Mark Cavendish is rarely satisfied with third place in a sprint and occasionally vents his anger on whoever is near him after when he crosses the finish. However after taking third behind Marcel Kittel (Quick Step Team)  and Dylan Groenewegen (LottoNL-Jumbo) on the edge of the Palm Jumeirah, Cavendish was keen to point out the reason behind his placing in the Dubai Tour. 

He lifted his bike with disappointment, pushing his flat tubular against the carbon fibre rim with his finger.

“I hit a pot hole. I went ‘bang’ in the hole. What am I supposed to do in a sprint like that…” he asked gradually finding consolation in his result. “Third is not bad though. I just couldn’t pass, I couldn’t do anything. Shit happens, doesn’t it?” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“I’ve had a late flat a few times in sprints. I was second in the last stage of the Vuelta in 2010, with my wheel touching the frame. Even on this stage I’ve finished with a flat tyre in the past. It’s part of bike racing. It’s just what happens.”

Cavendish gradually came round to seeing the positive side to his day. His Dimension Data teammates produced an excellent lead out train and Cavendish was perfectly placed on Kittel’s wheel in the final three hundred metres.

“It’s the best result I’ve ever had on this stage,” he pointed out after suffering in previous editions of the same finish.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2jR8yul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...