Lukas Pöstlberger (Bora-Hansgrohe)
"We wanted to try for a sprint for the final for Sam. Through the city the lead-out trains, I don't know, they lost my wheel or something and I had a gap.
"I heard over the radio, 'C'mon, Posty go try!' and I put all I have in. It worked out, victory for the team, first professional victory for me - maglia rosa. I think I will need many weeks to realise this victory. It's unbelievable, really.”
Sam Bennett (Bora-Hansgrohe)
"We were going for the sprint, but it was a really messy final. Posty saw himself on the front, and he way asking on the radio, 'What do I do?' I said 'keep going' because I didn't want guys to come over the top, we had a good position. In the last two kilometres he got a gap in a corner, kept going and then with one kilometre to go I shouted, 'just go for it – it's yours', because he had such a gap. And he just went, and nobody brought him back. It couldn't have happened to a nice guy. It's unbelievable."
Jens Zemke (Bora-Hansgrohe director)
Highlights
You can read more at Cyclingnews.com
via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2pQpF2P
No comments:
Post a Comment