Sunday 28 May 2017

Giro d'Italia: Stage 21 finish line quotes

http://ift.tt/2sbzTbS

Tom Dumoulin (Team Sunweb) - overall winner

It’s great, it’s really crazy. I cannot describe it with words. It’s incredible. It was such a nerve-wracking day. I was super nervous from the beginning and I needed to stay calm but I almost couldn’t. I had good legs and I just went for it.

I spoke to my sports director and he said only if we’re sure I’ll tell you not to take risks in the corners. He said it at halfway already. I was like, 'This is early to say something like that.' Then I crossed the line and they were saying you’ve won it but then I sat here in front of the TV and it was only like three seconds. I was really angry but I eventually pulled it off. It’s incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Jos van Emden (LottoNL-Jumbo) - stage 21 winner

I’m so happy. So emotional. I was too may times second and this is a great day for Dutch cycling. Tom wins, I win, finally. There are two really happy people inside this tent.

On this square metre I’m the happiest man in Milan. I’m so happy because there were so many times that I was second and I always lost to someone in the GC. The tension waiting in the hot seat and now finally I can shout it out.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2qsMebc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...