Sunday 28 May 2017

Albstadt World Cup: Success for Yana Belomoina

http://ift.tt/2qtdyWW

Round 2 of the XCO World Cup in Albstadt, Germany, saw multiple lead changes, with with Round 1 winner Annika Langvad (Specialized) crashing heavily in the dry and dusty conditions and finishing a distant 16th. Yana Belomoina (CST Sandd American Eagle), Maja Wloszczowska (Kross Racing) and Jolanda Neff (Kross Racing) battled for the top spot, with Belomoina passing Wloszczowska in the final lap to take her first Elite World Cup win, and move into the overall leader's jersey. Wloszczowska was second and Neff third. Belomoina leads with 390 points, followed by Wloszczowska at 350 and Langvad at 324.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I cannot believe it," said Belomoina. "It was an amazing day. I just tried to do my best, to save my podium spot. The first laps were so hard for me, but I just want to stay on the podium for fifth place. On the last two laps I just felt I could fly." 

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/2qtvy3b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...