Sunday 25 December 2016

Gear of the year: Josh Patterson's 2016 MTB picks

http://ift.tt/2hpCgXu

The curtain has almost closed on 2016. It was a year filled with impressive advancements in mountain bike technology. Here are six items that stood out to me in 2016.   

Santa Cruz Tallboy 3

The Tallboy was the first 29er to wear a Santa Cruz headbadge. While the original Tallboy straddled the line between cross-country and trail, version 3.0 is an unabashed trail bike.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

In my opinion, a short-travel trail bike such as the Tallboy is the sort of machine that should occupy a hook in every mountain biker’s garage. Then again, I’m biased. I enjoyed the Tallboy so much that I decided I to buy one.

The Tallboy has quickly become my everyday, any trail bike. As a gear tester, it’s handy to have a bike that’s compatible with 27.5+ and standard 29er rubber.

For Front Range riding I prefer to pair the Tallboy’s 110mm of rear travel with a 130mm fork and 29er wheels.

Garmin Fenix 3 HR

Push Elevensix shock

SRAM XO1 Eagle

Acre Traverse All Mountain Shorts

Silca T-Handle Folio

You can read more at BikeRadar.com



via BikeRadar All the latest from BikeRadar.com http://ift.tt/2iuQvGF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...