Tuesday 28 June 2016

Contador: Winning the Tour de France is the only thing on my mind

http://ift.tt/2906fgL

Spain’s Alberto Contador (Tinkoff) is set to be one of the key challengers of the Tour de France this summer, after a solid spring campaign with a near-miss in Paris-Nice, victory in the Vuelta al País Vasco and a prologue win in the Critérium du Dauphiné. Having got over a spell of illness which saw the 33-year-old drop out of the Spanish National Championships at the last minute, Contador tells Cyclingnews he has the 2016 Tour in his sights.

Cyclingnews: Last week you missed the Spanish Nationals because of a cold. Have you recovered fully now?

Alberto Contador: Yes. I’ve still got a few days left to go before the start so I’m fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

CN: Compared with this time last year when you had done (and won) the Giro d’Italia and the Route du Sud in the weeks prior to the Tour, how would you say you’re feeling now?

AC: One thing is clear. I’m fresher than I was in the build-up to the Tour, and I hope my body will react accordingly as we get into the Tour, and I recover better than I did from my efforts. I think I was more on the limit last year.

CN: Chris Froome (Sky) said in a recent interview that the Tour won’t be decided until the very last summit of the last mountain stage. Do you agree?

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/290GMrj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...