Saturday 27 February 2016

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad: Start line quotes

http://ift.tt/1ODI1oD

On a crisp but sunny Saturday morning, crowds gathered in Gent's Citadel Park as riders and teams arrived for what is considered in these parts as the true start of the season. Omloop Het Nieuwsblad kicks off the Belgian cobbled Classics and Cyclingnews' Brecht Decaluwé and Patrick Fletcher were there at the start to speak to the key protagonists ahead of the race. 

Alexander Kristoff (Katusha)

“This race comes nearly a month before the moment when you’re supposed to be in top form. That’s what makes it hard to win this race. Maybe the headwind can slow things down up front and allow me to come back.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I was good last year before this race and I was still only 11th here. If I win here I’ll be a lil bit surpsirsed. I know it’s going to be really hard. I’m still here to race and try to do well, so if I see my opportunity I’ll take it."

Tom Boonen (Etixx-QuickStep)

“It’s the race I don’t think I’ve ever missed so it’s probably my 15th start. It’ll be interesting to see the riders we’ll be riding against in the Classics. The race became harder the last few years. Often the wind comes from another direction. The last time there was a headwind to the finish it was Thor Hushovd who won the race. With the crosswinds there might be echelons. That’s fun when you’re up front.”

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1KSS9iC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...