Tuesday 28 April 2015

Beltrán sets his sights on the Dauphiné

http://ift.tt/1bC2Tkj

Edward Beltrán is settled at Tinkoff-Saxo and eager to prove himself, setting his sights on the Critérium du Dauphiné in June as the ideal race to do so.

The Colombian climber is in his first full season at WorldTour level after beginning the 2014 season with Tinkoff-Saxo's affiliate amateur team, Nankang-Fondriest before earning promotion in April.

Currently riding the Tour of Turkey, he helped his teammate Jay McCarthy to fourth place on the queen stage on Tuesday, finishing atop the category one climb in the Taurus Mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"There is still a lot of the season left, a lot of time to get stronger and keep giving it everything," the 25-year-old told Cyclingnews. "There are still many challenges, but for me the Dauphiné is really important to show what I can really do.

"I'm still learning a lot. It has been a big development, as much physically as personally.

"The team has helped me a lot, not just one teammate but the whole team. We're united like a family, they give me a lot of help and that gives me more and more motivation. It's been brilliant for me."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1FwhKsW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...