Friday 30 June 2017

Wiggins targeting 2020 Olympics in rowing

http://ift.tt/2ttP9oP

Bradley Wiggins has his eyes on another Olympic gold medal to go with the five he's already earned in cycling, but this time the 37-year-old winner of the 2012 Tour de France wants to earn it on the water as a rower.

The BBC reported on Friday that Wiggins plans to compete this December in the British Indoor Rowing Championships in London with an eye toward participation in the 2020 games.

"I might be being a bit delusional, but the times suggest I'm not," Wiggins told the BBC, adding that the "numbers are quite good."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Wiggins, who will be 40 in the summer of 2020, is being coached by friend and Olympic rowing gold medallist James Cracknell.

"I took up rowing when I retired just to keep fit, but my numbers started getting quite good, so I've started taking it up professionally now and getting coached seven days a week," he said at a corporate event in Manchester, as reported by the Daily Mail.

"I'm going to see how far I can take it. Maybe a sixth Olympic gold?"

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2saYyOm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...