Tuesday 27 June 2017

Hosking adds one year to Ale Cipollini contract

http://ift.tt/2tTwnER

Chloe Hosking has extended her contract with Ale Cipollini for on more season, keeping her with the team until at least 2018. Hosking joined the team for this season, with a contract that allowed her to split her time between Australia and Europe.

Hosking's move was part of the Italian team's desire to become a more international squad. Hosking says that she has settled in well with her new squad and staying was a no-brainer.

"It was really easy to make the decision to re-sign," said Hosking in a team press release. "I've been really happy with the team this year: the girls, the staff, the equipment, the organisation. It's been a stress-free environment for me, and I could easily see myself here for another year.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"Last year I said that I was taking things year-by-year, and I'm sticking to that, but I'm not sticking with the Australia/Europe split," Hosking added. "I'm grateful the team allowed me the luxury of that arrangement. I needed that this year. I needed to be able to check out at times so I could focus when it mattered.

Hosking started her season in January at the Santos Women's Tour, where she notched up her first win of 2017 with victory ahead of Kirsten Wild on stage 3. She kicked off her European season at the end of February with Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, finally scoring her first win on European soil at the Drentse Acht van Westerveld a few weeks later. A string of close calls followed before she was able to break through again with a stage win at the Women's Tour.

Hosking is keen to get more wins on the board in the next part of the season, with the Giro Rosa her next major target, but says that 2017 is about more than that.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2sef58d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...