Wednesday 28 June 2017

Phil Gaimon critical of Cardoso's EPO positive defence

http://ift.tt/2s2v84Y

Andre Cardoso’s former teammate Phil Gaimon has criticised the Portuguese rider’s defence after he tested positive for EPO ahead of the Tour de France, suggesting that he’s ‘getting lots of advice from an idiot’. Gaimon added that, "it just comes off like he doesn’t give a shit, which is frustrating."

Cardoso made his defence on Tuesday night after the UCI confirmed his Adverse Analytical Finding for Erythropoietin, in a sample collected in an out-of-competition test on June 18, just days after he rode the Critérium du Dauphiné alongside Trek-Segafredo team leader Alberto Contador and finished 19th overall.

He was named as part of the Trek-Segafredo team for the Tour de France but has now been suspended until his B sample is tested and his case his heard by the UCI Anti-Doping tribunal. He risks a four-year suspension.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Cardoso's first reaction came via a message on Facebook, saying: “I believe in clean sport and have always conducted myself as a clean athlete, but I realize that this news puts a dark cloud on not just myself but also on our sport and my team, teammates and staff.”

He asked his colleagues and fans alike not to judge him too quickly.

"I am fully aware that I will be presumed to be guilty, but it's important to me to say that I am devastated by this news and I wanted to state that I have never taken any illegal substances," he wrote.

The risks and damage of doping

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2tlexN1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...