Sunday 30 October 2016

Shane Sutton: British Cycling investigation had no proof

http://ift.tt/2f1HC7E

Shane Sutton has protested his innocence after being found to have used discriminatory language against Jess Varnish, questioning how the British Cycling investigation could have reached its conclusion with “no proof”.

The governing body on Friday upheld track sprinter Varnish’s allegations that Sutton, the technical director, had used sexist language, telling her to “move on and go and have a baby” after she was dropped from the Olympic Programme.

“I’m adamant that I am innocent,” Sutton told the Sunday Telegraph. “I have definitely never overstepped the mark with Jess Varnish or any other athlete.”

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Sutton was suspended by British Cycling when the allegations surfaced in April, and subsequently resigned from his position. He has maintained his innocence throughout the six-month internal investigation, and has now asked to see the supporting evidence from it.

“I’m massively disappointed. I put my trust in [the investigation]. I have gone back to them now and asked for the supporting evidence to try to understand how they have arrived at this conclusion," he said.

“I’m totally adamant that no conversations took place of that nature and that’s why I’ve asked for the supporting evidence. As far as I’m concerned there were two people in this conversation. So where is the evidence that this conversation, these comments took place? There is no proof.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2e1M2sn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...