Monday 31 October 2016

Noosa Australian Open Criterium victory for Cromwell - News Shorts

http://ift.tt/2eZrJk2

Canyon-SRAM's Tiffany Cromwell enjoyed a AU$2,500 victory at the Noosa Australian Open Criterium over the weekend ahead of fellow professional Katrin Garfoot (Orica-AIS) and Emily Roper. The end of season criterium attracted several Australian professionals looking to enjoy a weekend of sun and the prize money on offer.

"I had the opportunity to race on home soil as part of the Noosa multisport triathlon festival, the largest in the world for participation numbers, and I felt I couldn't pass it up," Cromwell said of her decision to enter.

Cromwell had made her way into a four-rider breakaway midway through the race with Lucy Bechtel the fourth member of the quarter. Knowing a sprint finish was the likely outcome, Cromwell explained she play her cards to perfection to come away with the victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"To be honest I wasn't feeling awesome in the break and I knew a couple of them could sprint okay," she said. "I wasn't 100% confident that I could win but I knew I had experience on my side for sprint tactics. I played it smart, doing enough whilst trying to keep the legs to come around for the sprint. The sprint at Noosa is very much about the timing and getting the right line as there's a small chicane into the finish and it was a head wind too so you couldn't go too early.

"It was the perfect way to finish the season in front of really great crowds and I had both SRAM and Canyon Australia there cheering me on so to give them a win on home soil was pretty nice."

The race was the final of Cromwell's season with the 28-year-old to enjoy a short off-season before Canyon-SRAM's December training camp gets underway in Mallorca, Spain.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2f3nDoL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...