Saturday 28 May 2016

Giro d'Italia stage 20 - Finish line quotes

http://ift.tt/22sb5st

Vincenzo Nibali (Astana):

"It's been a fantastic day. I especially have to thank my team because they were extraordinary today, especially Michele Scarponi and Tanel Kangert toward the finish, and Jakob Fuglsang was a great help to me.

"At high altitude I was confident that I could breath and ride better than anyone. I was not afraid of losing and I was not afraid of winning."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Esteban Chaves (Orica-GreenEdge):

"I'm tired but this is the life, it is only a bike race. I tried and did the best I could. The team did the best they could. I'm here. I'm happy. I did my best. I tried and this is just the beginning for me.

"I'm OK [health-wise]. I don't have excuses. I didn't have the legs and that is normal. You need strength to do this. It was one race of 80 hours and 3,000km, and there are no excuses. The only simple answer is that I had no legs.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1qSs3m6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...