Wednesday 30 September 2015

Aru back in action in Tre Valli Varesine

http://ift.tt/1Gh6mOk

Fabio Aru is back in action at the Tre Valli Varesine one-day semi-Classic today, racing for the first time since winning the Vuelta a Espana.

The 25 year-old Sardinian wears number one in the Italian race around the hills of Varese, north of Milan, with fellow Italian Grand Tour contender Vincenzo Nibali also in the Astana line-up. Major rivals include Thibaut Pinot (FDJ), Frank Schleck and Giacomo Nizzolo (Trek Factory Racing) and Vuelta stage winner Kristian Sbaragli (MTN-Qhubeka).

Aru was not part of the Italian national team in Richmond and will not be part of the Astana team for Sunday’s Il Lombardia due to sponsor obligations forcing him to ride the Tour of Almaty in Kazakhstan. He will ride Thursday’s Milan-Turin and then end his season with the Abu Dhabi Tour.

Since winning the Vuelta a Espana, Aru has kept training, even going out for a ride with Lugano neighbour Alberto Contador, who beat him to win the Giro d'Italia in May.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“In the last few days I’ve had a chance to take in what it feels like to win the Vuelta, I’ve watched the videos of the race and enjoyed my victory. I haven’t celebrating that much. I’ve done some extra things in the afternoons and some interviews but I’ve always kept my morning clear for training,” Aru explained to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Aru is not expecting to win the Tre Valli Varesine race after the huge effort he made to defeat Tom Dumoulin (Giant-Alpecin) at the Vuelta.

“I haven’t had a lot of time to recover and so it will depend on how I feel. I finished seventh in 2013 but that was on a different course,” he explained.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1FI5oj7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...