Wednesday 29 July 2015

Team Sky add Geoghegan Hart and Peters as stagiaires

http://ift.tt/1Jv8JSW

Team Sky have signed Tao Geoghegan Hart and Alex Peters as stagiaires for the remainder of the 2015 with Peters set to make his debut for the team at the RideLondon Classic this weekend. As Cyclingnews revealed earlier this month Peters has also signed a two-year deal with the WorldTour squad.

“Britain is producing some of the best cyclists in the world and I am proud of the role that Team Sky can play in inspiring and supporting home-grown talent,” Team Skys Rod Ellingworth said in a press release.

“We’ve been watching Alex and Tao progress over the last few years and they’re both showing real promise. It’s a big step in their developing careers and we’re happy that they are taking that step with us."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Peters has had a strong season as part of the Dutch development programme at the SEG Racing Academy and has picked up a stage win of the Tour de Bretagne, second at the Tour de Normandie and second in the An Post Ras.

"Since I’ve signed for the SEG Racing Academy in October last year, things have gone faster than I could ever have expected. Together with the SEG Racing team and the staff, I was able to make the necessary steps in my development to get ready for the World Tour level,” Peters said.

“It’s been a great learning process and the best education I could have wished for. When I found out that Sir Dave Brailsford and the Team Sky staff were following my career, it made me extremely proud and motivated. I want to succeed as GC rider in the future and I feel Sky is the best platform for me to listen, learn and develop. Signing for Team Sky is a dream come true and I can’t wait to start."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1Kyjhlx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...