Saturday 23 December 2017

Le Roux secures Fortuneo contract thanks to crowd funding

http://ift.tt/2BGyZ09

French rider Romain Le Roux has secured a contract with the Fortuneo-Oscaro team for 2018 after raising 40,000 Euro via a French crowd funding platform to cover two thirds of his contract costs.

The 25-year-old Breton rode for the Armée de Terre team in 2017, but after the French state cut its funding of the military team, he was forced to search for a new contract. A friend convinced him to try the Kengo crowd funding site. He set himself the goal of raising 40,000 before Christmas, and thanks to reports in the local French media, 180 different donors offered to back him and so secured his future in the professional peloton.

When Fortuneo manager Emmanuel Hubert heard that Le Roux had gathered 40,000 Euro, he offered to cover the 20,000 Euro needed to cover his contract costs. Le Roux has kept training during the winter and will now join the French Professional Continental team that has signed Warren Barguil as team leader for 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“As soon as I learned about the demise of the Army team I tried to find another team. I knew it was going to be hard but I always believed I could do it,” Le Roux explained.

“I had set Christmas as the deadline before making a decision on my future, so it’s a relief and a great pleasure to sign with Fortuneo.

“I continued to ride seriously during the winter as in previous years. I was well supported by my friends Laurent Pichon and Olivier Le Gac, who kept me motivated. I secretly hoped that it would workout.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2zlMwEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...