Wednesday 22 November 2017

Intxausti: I want to repay Team Sky's faith

http://ift.tt/2A52RPT

Beñat Intxausti has been limited to just 18 days of racing in his two seasons at Team Sky to date, but the Basque is hopeful that he has finally put his long-running bout of mononucleosis behind him as he prepares for the 2018 season.

Intxausti signed from Movistar ahead of the 2016 season, but he was interrupted by illness in early February, and he endured abortive returns at the Tour of Slovenia and Tour de Pologne before calling time on his campaign early.

The 2017 season, however, was to prove even more wretched for Intxausti, who continued to endure health problems and managed just three days of racing. His first appearance of the season came in July at the Clasica San Sebastian, which he abandoned, while he withdrew from the season-ending Tour of Guangxi on stage 2. The Chinese expedition, Intxausti said, was nonetheless a useful test of his fitness with an eye to 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“I’m a bit better now. I’ve been resting at home since I came back from China and I feel good,” Intxausti said. “In China, even though I suffered more than I hoped, it was above all about understanding how I was.

“I hope that when I start training again, I will be at 100 per cent. I really want to start out with good health and then everything will go well afterwards.”

Intxausti explained that medical tests have shown that he is no longer suffering from the virus, though he added that he was in a similar position in 2016.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2AnJhkX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...