Sunday 26 November 2017

Americans Compton, Noble challenge Cant in Hamme

http://ift.tt/2AAqe6S

Sanne Cant came out on top at the Flandriencross in Hamme on Sunday but not without a challenge from Americans Ellen Noble (Aspire Racing) and Katie Compton (Trek), who led for much of the race before finishing second and third respectively.

Compton's performance bumped her up into the overall lead of the DVV Verzekeringen Trofee series.

"It's the first time I'm on top of this general classification. I used to miss several races because I was in the States," said Compton, who has recovered from being sick and returned to racing at the World Cup in Zeven on Saturday where she placed third.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"After my illness a few weeks ago, I am back in better shape. This is a nice course but I was still tired from yesterday."

The two Americans took the early lead in the women's short 39:09-minute race and excelled on the technically difficult and muddy course.

"It's my first podium in a European 'cross race," Noble said. "It's fun to ride in the front, but quite unnerving. I had to be careful not to get carried away in my enthusiasm, the fans here are great."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2hU2KOJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...