Friday 24 February 2017

Tour de Langkawi: Mareczko beats Sunderland to take stage 3

http://ift.tt/2l83tLx

Third time proved a charm for Jakub Mareczko at the Tour de Langkawi with the Italian dominating the out the bunch sprint finish in Pantai Remis.

The Wilier Triestina rider was perfectly moved into position by his teammates, holding off the fast-finishing stage 1 winner Scott Sunderland (IsoWhey Sports SwissWellness) and Malaysian Mohd Zamri Saleh (Terengganu).

"I have good form and today I found it and did a good sprint," Mareczko said. "Today the stage was short and the team helped me from the first kilometre to control the breakaway in front and in the final kilometres they took over and controlled the sprint."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

The win is Mareczko's second at the Tour de Langkawi after his success last year in Rembau and 21st of his young career. It is also his first success of the 2017 season.

For stage 1 winner Sunderland, it was a "crazy" finale with plenty of fresh teams and riders willing and ready to "box on".

"For the last five kilometres, it was just chaotic. I nearly came off countless times on the run in," he told Cyclingnews. "It was pretty difficult and in the end, I had to come from a long way back. I think I opened my sprint up from about three hundred metres to try to give myself a good run in. I came with a lot of pace but ran out of legs a little towards the final. I am happy to come away with second after such a hard run in."

How it unfolded

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/2lBFIiy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...