Friday 29 April 2016

Van Vleuten wins prologue at Elsy Jacobs

http://ift.tt/1N8cIc1

Annemiek Van Vleuten (Orica-AIS) won the 2.8km prologue at Elsy Jacobs on Friday. She took the win in 3:55 beating Marianne Vos (Rabo-Liv) and Ellen Van Dijk (Boels-Dolmans). 

Van Vleuten will wear the leader's jersey into the second stage 106.9 race in Steinfort.

"It's a bit of a relief actually, I was really focused for this one," explained Van Vleuten after her win. "I'm really happy to finish it off.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I saw it was a super technical course, it had a bit of everything. It was not an easy one to win and I actually thought it would be more of a sprinters course, with nine corners in 2.8kilometres you have to sprint hard out of every corner.

"This is my third time winning the prologue here. We did a recon yesterday so I was really well prepared and I think that really helped on this kind of course. It's really nice to come back here and get another win.

"Going into the next two stages we are in a really good position and with a strong team we can play the game a little bit. It's my last race of this spring period so I will do everything I can to hold onto the jersey."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/1r3wjQg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...